Contact information is set out below:
Wayne Fulton: President/Owner, Fulton Home Inspections, 174 River Road, Napanee, Ontario, K7R 3K8 Tel: 613-354-9547 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulton Home Inspections is responsible for personal information in our possession or custody, including: (i) information that needs to be disclosed to third parties in the course of our business; and (ii) personal information of clients of home inspectors using our services. We use contractual and other means to ensure that third parties to whom we disclose personal information for processing provide a comparable level of protection with respect to personal information in their possession or control.
- Identifying Purposes: We will clearly identify and document the purposes for which we may collect, use or disclose personal information at or before the time of collection. As part of our business operations, we may collect and use certain personal information strictly for the following purposes:
To provide you with Fulton Home Inspection services that you request. To provide information regarding Fulton Home Inspections products and services that may be of interest to you (If you wish to stop receiving such information, simply provide written instructions to our Office). In addition, in the unlikely event that Fulton Home Inspections sells all or substantially all of its assets, personal information, including your collected personal information and that of your clients will be one of the transferred assets.
The specific uses of personal information in connection with the foregoing purposes will be limited to what a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
If we plan to use personal information we have collected for a purpose not previously identified, we will identify and document the purpose before such additional use. We will state the identified purposes in such a manner that you can reasonably understand how your personal information will be used or disclosed.
We will not, as a condition of providing the Fulton Home Inspections service to you, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information beyond that which is absolutely necessary. You always have the choice of whether or not you wish to supply Fulton Home Inspections with personal information. If you wish to “opt-out” of receiving certain informational and promotional materials from us, simply provide written instructions to our Office at the address set out above. Similarly, if you wish to withdraw your consent with respect to a particular use or disclosure of your personal information and that of your clients, you may do so at any time by sending written instructions to our Office at the address set out above.
In certain limited circumstances, as permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual. Although the following list is not exhaustive, these circumstance include: (i) personal information which is publicly available as defined by regulation; (ii) circumstances where collection or use is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely fashion; (iii) to investigate a breach of an agreement or a contravention of a law; (iv) to act in respect of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual; (v) for debt collection; or (vi) to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court order.
- Limiting Collection: We will limit the amount and type of personal information collected to that which is necessary for our identified purposes and we will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means. We may collect the following types of personal information from individuals visiting our website or purchasing our services:
Our website contains links to other sites. Once you leave our website, you are subject to the privacy policies of the other sites you visit.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Your personal information collected by Fulton Home Inspections will be used to deliver services, products or programs you have requested or enrolled in. In addition, you may receive invitations to participate in relevant surveys, and copies of Fulton Home Inspections e-newsletter.
Fulton Home Inspections also uses your personal information to inform you of other products, services or benefits available from Fulton Home Inspections and its affiliates.
For example: Fulton Home Inspections may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services, or on other research initiatives. Fulton Home Inspections will not contact your clients or affiliated groups, including real estate agents, without your permission.
Fulton Home Inspections will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it is collected, except with your express consent or as required by law. Fulton Home Inspections will not rent or sell your personal information or that of your clients or affiliated groups, including real estate agents, to any third party.
Fulton Home Inspections will retain your personal information and that of your clients or affiliated groups, including real estate agents, only for as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes, subject to legal requirements. Currently, our policy is to maintain personal information for seven years. After the relevant time period has expired, our records may be amended at your request so that names are removed and the information can no longer be identified with an individual.
- Safeguards: Fulton Home Inspections is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we will protect your personal information and that of your clients or affiliated groups, including real estate agents, with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We employ appropriate safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. We use security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information and that of your clients or affiliated groups, including real estate agents, from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access in controlled facilities. When confidential information (such as credit card numbers) is transmitted over the Internet, it is protected through the use of SSL Encryption.
We make our employees and business partners aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information, and we will exercise appropriate care in the disposal or destruction of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information.
Our methods of protection include physical measures (for example, restricted access to offices), organization measures (for example, limiting access on a “need to know” basis), and technological measures (for example, the use of passwords and encryption).
- Openness: We will make specific information about our policies readily available, except to the extent that it is confidential commercial information.
- Access: Upon written request addressed to our President, we will inform an individual of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and we will give the individual access to that personal information. An individual can challenge the accuracy and completeness of his or her personal information under our control and have it amended as appropriate.
We will respond to an individual’s written request within a reasonable time (generally within 30 days) and we will assist any individual who informs us that he or she needs assistance in preparing a request. We may require an individual to provide sufficient information to permit us to provide an account of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information. While our response will typically be provided at no cost to the individual, depending on the nature of the request and the amount of information involved, we reserve the right to impose a reasonable cost. In these circumstances, we will inform the individual of the approximate cost to provide the response and proceed upon payment by the individual of the cost. Requested information will be provided or made available in a form that is understandable. Where possible, we will indicate the source of the information.
If you feel that your personal information or that of your clients or affiliated groups, including real estate agents, we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, you are invited to advise our President of such inaccuracies and ask that we amend the personal information or that of your clients or affiliated groups, including real estate agents. Any such request must be in writing.
In providing an account of third parties to which we may have disclosed personal information about an individual, we will attempt to be as specific as possible. When it is not possible to provide a list of the organizations to which we have actually disclosed personal information, we will provide a list of organizations to which we may have disclosed the personal information.
If an individual successfully demonstrates an inaccuracy or incompleteness of his or her personal information under our control, we will amend the personal information as appropriate. If a challenge is not resolved to the satisfaction of the individual, we will record the substance of the unresolved challenge. Where appropriate, the amended information or the existence of the unresolved challenge, as the case may be, will be transmitted to third parties having access to the information in question.
In certain situations, we may refuse a request or not be able to provide access to all the personal information we hold about an individual. Exceptions to the access requirement will be limited and specific, as permitted or required by law. Where permitted, the reasons for denying access will be provided to the individual upon request. Although the following list is not exhaustive, exceptions may include: (i) information that contains references to other individuals or contains confidential commercial information, where such information cannot be severed from the record; (ii) information collected in the course of investigating a breach of an agreement or in the course of a formal dispute resolution process; and (iii) information that is subject to solicitor-client privilege.
IP – An abbreviation for Internet Protocol, the basic network transmission protocol of the Internet.
SSL Encryption – SSL, or Security Socket Layer, encrypts your customers’ credit card numbers, as well as other confidential information. This allows for secure online business. When your Web page has SSL, your page will show a small gold lock or key in the lower right hand side of your browser.